Trusted Attorney Providing Knowledgeable And Dedicated Representation

Attorney Christopher T. Adams

Trusted Attorney Providing Knowledgeable And Dedicated Representation

A Local Leader In Juvenile Court Cases Involving Delinquency, Dependency/Deprivation And More

The Law Firm of Christopher T. Adams, P.C., is recognized as one of Atlanta, Georgia’s north metro leaders in cases involving all aspects of juvenile court. We frequently accept referrals from other lawyers in this area of law.

We provide committed, personalized and friendly representation to each client. To schedule a free initial consultation with Attorney Adams, call our Lawrenceville office: 800-582-0304.

Because he is a father himself, lawyer Christopher T. Adams is personally concerned with the best interest of every child he represents. He works to make juveniles and their parents comfortable and confident while navigating their cases through juvenile court.

Handling Delinquency And Unruly Offenses

Juvenile delinquency and unruly offenses can take many forms. Juvenile delinquency refers to a crime committed by someone under 18, while “unruly offenses” refer to crimes that are only illegal when committed by someone under a certain age (like skipping school).

At The Law Firm of Christopher T. Adams, P.C., we frequently handle issues like:

  • Vandalism
  • Traffic offenses
  • Shoplifting and theft
  • Possession and distribution of drugs (most frequently marijuana and methamphetamines)

Many of these offenses represent a one-time lapse in judgment for an otherwise well-behaved child or teenager. Often, they are committed as the result of peer pressure, and in some cases, juveniles are charged with crimes committed by their companions when they were merely “along for the ride.”

Understanding Dependency/Deprivation Hearings

When the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) believes a child is not being properly taken care of, they take that child into their custody and may place the child into foster care. According to OCGA § 15-11-2, a child is considered deprived if he or she:

  • Doesn’t have proper parental supervision;
  • Is without food, education and other necessities;
  • Has been placed in a care situation that violates the law; or
  • Was abandoned or is otherwise missing parents, guardians or custodians.

In many deprivation hearings, we help parents work out an agreement with the DFCS that is in their best interests and the child’s. We also frequently work with grandparents and other family members who want to gain or retain guardianship of a child whom they believe is not receiving proper care.

Get A Free Consultation Today

If you would like to schedule a free consultation with Attorney Adams to discuss an unruly child offense, a dependency concern or another juvenile court matter, call 800-582-0304 or contact us online today.