Trusted Attorney Providing Knowledgeable And Dedicated Representation

Attorney Christopher T. Adams

Trusted Attorney Providing Knowledgeable And Dedicated Representation

Holding Another Party In Contempt Of Court

If your ex-spouse or the other parent of your child is not complying with court-ordered obligations or not abiding by terms of the divorce or custody decree, they are subject to being held in contempt of court.

Experienced family law attorney Chris Adams can explain your rights and provide strong advocacy in contempt proceedings to bring the other party into line.

Based in Lawrenceville, Georgia, The Law Firm of Christopher T. Adams, P.C., represents men and women in Gwinnett County and the north metro area of Atlanta. For a free consultation, call 800-582-0304.

Unpaid Child Support, Denied Visitation And Other Contempt Of Court Issues

Divorce settlements and custody arrangements are not merely agreements — they are enforceable orders of the court. Attorney Adams has forced compliance through negotiation or courtroom litigation for a range of contempt of court issues:

  • Unpaid child support or alimony
  • Denied visitation/interference
  • Ignoring the parenting schedule
  • Not complying with property division
  • Failure to provide health insurance coverage
  • Failure to pay taxes, medical bills or other obligations

If the other party is found in contempt, the court can apply many remedies, from make-up visitation time and paying attorney’s fees all the way to jailing the ex-partner until he or she complies with court orders. Unpaid financial obligations are also subject to wage garnishment, property liens and seizure of assets and accounts.

Are You Facing Contempt Of Court?

We have also represented clients who can’t meet obligations because of job loss, health problems or other hardship. Attorney Adams can demonstrate to the judge that your failure to pay is not willful and request a modification to reduce the amount of support at least temporarily.

To schedule a free initial consultation with our experienced lawyer about enforcing a family court order, call 800-582-0304 or contact us online.